First things first: pre-treat as soon as possible, starting with a small patch to ensure you’re not damaging the fabric.
Need some more advice? Check out the list below on how to remove that stain!
1. Apply stain remover or detergent directly to spot
2. Wash as normal without rinsing your pre-treatment
3. If any color is left after washing, apply white vinegar diluted with water and rub gently
1. Cover the spot with a handful of table salt; the salt should turn pink, absorbing the wine
2. Soak your clothing item overnight in cold water and an enzyme detergent
3. Toss into the wash the next day
1. No dabbing! Remove any remaining ketchup as soon as possible with a knife or spoon
2. Rinse with cold water, as soon as possible, from the back side of the stain to force any remaining ketchup out of the fabric
3. Wash as soon as possible on the usual setting
1. Rinse as soon as possible with cold water
2. Pour a stain release detergent directly to the spot
3. Rub the fabric gently with a soft-bristled toothbrush
4. Let the treatment sit for a few minutes
5. Wash on the usual cycle with the hottest temperature available
1. Rub stain with bar soap
2. Throw in the wash on the hottest water temperature available
1. Rinse as soon as possible with cold water, gently rubbing the stain with your fingers
2. Add a stain remover and allow to sit for a few minutes before laundering as usual
1. Lay the lipstick stain facedown onto a couple layers of paper towels
2. Dampen another paper towel with rubbing alcohol, then blot away until stain is gone
Getting stains out of clothing can be a bit of a guessing game, and it needn’t be. With our comprehensive stain removal guide you can feel confident knowing you are using the correct methods to get out the trickiest of stains. There’s a lot to learn about the world of stain removal, and you’ll be shocked at how many ordinary household items can work wonders on stains from grass, red wine or sweat. Feeling frustrated at spilling coffee on your favorite work shirt? Don’t sweat. With our clothing stain removal guide, you can easily identify which products and methods will effectively remove your breakfast, sending you back to work with a clean shirt in no time. Take the guesswork out of stain removal and try our trusty stain removal methods on really tough stains like blood and ketchup. There’s no need for stain removal to be a hit-or-miss situation. Check out our guide today.